What is your goal for attending the Trade Show?
Is it to introduce a new product? Get exposure to a new market? Get one new customer? Get many qualified leads? Sell products? Are you clear about what you want to achieve at the trade show?
Is this the right Trade Show for your company to attend?
Are you getting the best return on investment at the trade show? Is there going to be a lot of your competitors there? Is the price for exhibiting space very expensive? Is this trade show targeting the audience that you want to be your customer? How many potential prospects will be attending the show?
What space will you get at the Trade Show?
Learn as much as you can about the space you are purchasing as an exhibitor for the trade show.
- What are the exact dimensions of your floor space?
- Where will you be located on the show floor?
- What exhibitors will be near by?
- Is it a high traffic or low traffic spot?
- Does it have good lighting?
- Is electricity included?
- Is there free WIFI? How fast is the speed of the WIFI?
- Do you get a table and any displays included, or do you have to bring your own?
- Can you rent equipment?
- How are you getting the equipment and displays to the Trade Show?
- Is there labor union issues regarding setting up equipment?
- Are there any display restrictions?
What are you going to present at the Trade Show?
- Does the design of your trade show space match your companies brand?
- Do you have enough business cards?
- Do you have a way to capture the names and contact information of the people that visit you?
- Do you have a brochure to give them?
- Do you have a presentation for them to watch?
- Do you have a Trade Show Special Offer to give them?
- Who is going to represent your company at the Trade Show?
Are you advertising that you will be at the Trade Show?
Invite your clients, vendors, customers and other people that have an interest in seeing your company succeed. Tell them your booth space number at the show.
- Put a message on your website about the trade show
- Advertise on your social media sites that you will be at the trade show.
- Find out if there’s a Twitter hashtag for the trade show and use it in your postings
- Like the Facebook page for the trade show
How are you going to stand out from the other exhibitors?
- Have a few prize giveaways throughout the day at the event and make sure people are present to win
- Do you have a clever takeaway promotional item to help them remember you, like a pen, or flash drive?
- Try to pick a promotional item useful to your industry
- Be welcoming to people as they pass in front of your space at the trade show
- Smile at people and try not to be intimidating
- Make sure someone is in your booth at all times during the show
- Don’t be on your mobile devices acting like your busy
What should you do after the Trade Show is over?
- Get all the leads from the show into your contacts database
- Send out a thank you message for attending your booth
- Schedule an appointment to service their needs
- Connect with their social media sites
- Send them monthly email promotions
- Keep following up until you get their business
Need more help? Contact Us today!!!